Representatives from the winning schools (a teacher, a student representative and a parent or carer) will be invited to share their case study at the FAB Education Awards ceremony, to be held at ESOF 21-26 June 2014.
The four Award winners will receive €400 for their School Science Department or club to further support exciting science activities within the school.
Steps to success
Judges will be looking for:
- demonstration of a clear understanding of the science/area of interest;
- the application of this information in their case study;
- demonstrating what the information presented means to the entrants in their country;
- engagement with the local community.
Examples of case study ideas:
- Illustrate a local farming or fishing method used in your country i.e. a day in life of a fisherman/farmer;
- Show how external factors such as lack of resources can affect food safety e.g. refrigeration;
- Hold a debate on technology and future food;
- Investigate how genetic modified organisms (GMOs) could change our food supply;
- Illustrate an understanding of how geography and climate impact on the availability of food and/or drink in your country.